A brief founded on principles established through consultation
The key design ideas for the project, describing the masterplan
The list below describes key elements of the emerging masterplan while the annotated image (above) picks out a number of site specific ideas. The diagrams (below) show the heritage buildings and the yards the masterplanners want to retain.
- New large and smaller retail spaces along the High Street
- A range of housing types including apartments, family housing and affordable housing
- Heritage/Retention, renovation and re-use of existing heritage buildings where possible, to build on existing character.
- Celebrating the waterways/Celebrating the junction of the canal and the River Brent
- A well designed public realm and waterside that reinforces character, aids orientation and signposts routes
- New public spaces a range of new public spaces from quiet residential, to active leisure and working environments.
- Small / flexible workspace to retain active uses during the daytime, and provide for start-ups and work from home.
- A meanwhile strategy bringing life and safety to the site whilst it develops over time.
Members of the public are invited to an exhibition of the planning application submission
Tue 2nd Oct 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Wed 3rd Oct 5.00pm – 8.00pm
Sat 6th Oct 11.00am – 2.00pm
Mon 8th Oct 11.00am – 2.00pm
The Docking Station,
108 Brentford High Street,